Winner - Outstanding Contribution to Aesthetics - ISWC 2016
March 1, 2016
Miss Diva Universe 2014 - Official Skincare Expert
October 8, 2014
Your Skin is What You Eat
March 8, 2016
20 Things we know now that we didn't 20 years ago !!
May 29, 2014
As Blush Clinics turns 20 there are so many milestones to celebrate and so many more to look forward to. We have seen the opening of new clinics, the introduction of new treatments and so many firsts in India. But what's remained constant is our dedication to our clients, our passion for what we do and our belief in helping everyone associated with us to reach their full potential. We take a look back at just a few things that most of us didn't know about Indian skin and the beauty industry back when we launched in 1994!
20 years ago, we didn't know that,
1. No matter how many sittings of hair reduction laser you'd do, Indian hair was too dark for western standards; so chances of results were slim. Today we have lasers specially designed for thick, dark Indian hair that work wonders.
2. A lot of skin-related disorders like acne and adult acne are to do with hormonal imbalances. PCOD diagnosis are commonplace today but when we started people were still treating the acne and not it's root cause.
3. Sunscreen is a vital part of your daily skincare routine. You can skimp on other things but NEVER on sunscreen!
4. Thankfully so, stigmas associated with certain beauty procedures would drop away.
5. India would produce a string of beauty queens who would forever change the way our culture looks at the beauty business.
6. Apart from benefitting your overall health, regular exercise and diet control are one of the strongest anti-ageing tools.
7. Sugar is the number one enemy of skin health and longevity
8. An alkaline diet apart from having some serious health benefits also prevents ageing since it doesn't allow for free radical build-up.
9. Nutritional supplements should be a part of your skin, hair and nail care regimes.
10. Facials are a big no-no for problem skin as they only aggravated conditions like acne. Clean-ups on the other hand are safe and effective for problem skin.
11. Anti-oxidants in the form of green, leafy veggies or supplements are essential to reverse the build-up of toxins in the our system that lead to ageing and disease.
12. There was real scientific backing to almost all of grandma's beauty recipes. A coconut oil massage for instance is like an elixir of life to dry, parched skin.
13. You could enjoy the benefits of a facelift without going under the knife!
14. Oily skin needs nourishment as well and moisturising is essential no matter what your skin type.
15. Protocols we set up for Indian skin would one day be used in clinics and spas across the country; had we known then that they'd become so popular we'd have patented them all!
16. Every big, international beauty brand would want to make its presence felt in India; leading to even more awareness about beauty, skin health and anti-ageing.
17. We would be able to restore youth in under a minute with hyaluronic gel-based filler injections.
18. Apart from beauty benefits, beauty treatments would also serve as a way for people to unwind and unplug from their crazed and stressed out lifestyles.
19. We'd be the first to introduce India to so many fantastic treatments like lasers for skin tightening, Botox for removing wrinkles and fillers for restoring volume to the face.
20. In the twenty years since the day we opened we would have a presence in three cities across India with many more to come and would have served a countless number of individuals to the best that we can!